Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Too good not to share!

Motivational Quote of the Day

"A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes."
Hugh Downs
 
So, I get this motivational quote every day and they are usually pretty good.  Every once in a while there is one that really either hits home or makes me say "That's what I've been saying!".  This is one of those.  I have learned that the level of your happiness is directly related to how you react to things around you.  Your reaction is a choice, not a predetermined response.  You can train yourself to make the choice to react positivley in any circumstance, it takes work and is not always easy but is well worth it in the long run.  It is important to realize though, that reacting positivley does NOT mean just accepting that what happens happens or that it's all good.  There are many bad things that need to be reacted to, doing so positivley just means accepting that it happened and working on dealing with it.  So the next time something bad happens try to remain positive and see how it makes you feel, I can say from experience that it is much easier to deal with life's little bumps.  And, when you put things in the grand scheme, most everything is just little bumps.
 
Until then...
 



No comments:

Post a Comment